Global MapAid wants to start by building a local team in Ethiopia, to map the land that could be irrigated and where coverage could be improved - an irrigation support map. The target is £101,625 to make this happen. Already, we have received £17,000 anonymously, while the ...
Global MapAid was initiated as a social enterprise to supply specialist maps to key End Users working to alleviate poverty. The focus is to map poverty hotspots by capturing data on gaps and needs that lead to sustainable job creation, such as vocational education, credit and business mentoring. However, as needed drought, irrigation, food security, migration, health and deforestation may also be mapped.
1.1 Key End Users include:
- Bilateral Donors
- Finance Sector Organisations, including Micro-credit agencies
- Government, local and national
- Intergovernmental Organisations i.e United Nations World Food Program
- Media Organisations
- Non-Government Organisations
- Think Tanks
1.2 GMA consists of a core skilled team with expertise in:
- Humanitarian Response
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- International Development (including: economic migration, sustainable livelihoods, microcredit, community development, child rights and irrigation)
- Surveys and Statistics
- Business Development
- Project Evaluation and Strategy
Our goal is to partner with local organisations and to train, develop and empower local teams so that they can take over mapping needs for their own areas. Together with our standard operational procedures we aim to ensure that healthy cross fertilisation of ideas, skills, enthusiasm and innovation can occur to benefit End Users and Beneficiaries.